Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I heart Tuesdays

I know, I know, it's been a LONG time since I last updated this, and trust me, I've thought about doing it a lot. Something funny will happen, or something new, and I want to write on here to keep our fine readers in-the-know when it comes to our Anderson Adventures, but quite honestly we're really busy.

And lets be honest, everyone says that. Who's not busy, right? But trust me when I say, we're busy. But you don't want to hear about our boring everyday life, so I'll update you on the cool stuff!
Starting with this little love:

Abby! Our new little puppy. Look how tiny she was in the above picture!

We got her from the humane society the weekend after Thanksgiving. She was 8 weeks then, so now she's like 14 or 15 weeks? Something like that. She's awesome, and Taylor LOVES having a playmate.

We got Taylor when she was 2 - so we missed all the puppy stuff - which trust me, there are plenty of nights with Abby I wish we missed all the puppy stuff, but mostly we just love watching her get bigger, and play with Taylor, and do cute funny puppy stuff. Currently they are on the floor just wrestling and chewing on each other. Having two dogs is awesome, because they just entertain themselves! They love going on runs together, and playing with each other. I look forward to Abby being 100% potty trained, not digging up my back yard & loosing her desire to chew on everything.

But just look at that sweet puppy face? She's so stinking cute! Even if she still pees in my house and chews on my things, that face you can't deny: she's CUTE.
And there they are. Best Friends Forever. Taylor & Abby. AWwwww.

Kay enough puppy puppy for now.

You know how I'm in school? And it's swim season -which means I'm coaching two teams? Ya? Well I also got a job teaching at a pre school! Which I love, but if you add it all up: That's three jobs, full time school & a new puppy (who needs to be let out every few hours), not to mention Ian got promoted and is now managing his own store.... The facts don't lie folks, we needed a second car: DESPERATELY!

I don't have a picture, though I should have one. After much debate over another Jeep, Ian would have LOVED a truck, we drove an Audi, and a Passat, we ended up with a 2002 Subaru Impreza Sport. Which will eventually be my primary car, when I learn how to drive a stick. It's a sweet little silver car, 4 doors, hatch back, so both dogs fit. Gets better gas mileage than the jeep, handels well in the snow, is all wheel drive, and people tell us they last for ever. I will eventually write a blog about my thoughts and feelings on one vs. two cars, but for now we got a second car which makes life SO. MUCH. EASIER.

Tuesdays have become they day I look forward to every week. It's my day off. We when I say day off I mean I still work 4 hours, but I get the day off. I have pracitice from 4:30-8:30, but no class, and no pre school. So I quite like Tuesdays. And Ian being a manager now, he gets to write his own schedugle which, you can probably guess what day he takes off most weeks? Yup. Tuesdays. This is what we did last Tuesday:


That's Hoodoo. Because on Tuesdays @ Hoodoo, a lift ticket is $19. So we can buy two lift tickets, gas to get up there, lunch on the mountain, and still not spend as much as we would on ONE lift ticket at Mt. B. As much as I love Bachelor - heck Hoodoo is cheap- so we like to spend Tuesdays there, when we can. Though today is Tuesday, and I'm sitting in my living room writing this blog. Well that is because this Saturday for the first time in 5 weeks, I do not have a swim meet! So we're taking the weekend off. Which means Ian is working today, and I still get the day off. Well you know, not off, but it's easy to be on the pool deck at night after a day off.

As for our weekend off, it will surly be an Anderson Adventure I will want to write about! Ya know - We have friends who love to go to the city for a weekend off. Get a nice hotel room in Portland, go out for a nice dinner, and hang out in the city - but you wanna know what we're doing? We've rented a little cabin in camp sherman - packing up the pups, and we're spending the weekend in this sweet little cabin - gonna snowboard Sat. night @ Hoodoo, and just spend the weekend relaxing in our little cabin in the woods. I'm really excited.

Then, after our splendid weekend away - its GO TIME as far as swim season. Championship season is upon us, we're tappering, going to pasta feeds, & getting ready to race. It's time for the big district meet then off to the State Championships! Love it.

I'll leave you with these last few pictures of our crazy few months, and I promise to get back on here more often to update you on our lives more often!

Glow Stick Dance Party on the bus on our way home after a meet in Corvo.

Ian & I on our way to snowboard for the first time this season!
*Happy Face!*


And one last puppy-puppy pic - 'cuz you can't get enough of that face!!

(I LOVE it when her ears flip up like that!!! So funny!)

No comments: