Friday, February 19, 2010

This time of year is always so much fun! So busy, always a little crazy, but so fun!

It's championship season, which means lots of pool deck time, LUCKILY I coach with my friend!

Time spent on the pool deck is quality. The District Championship Meet was last weekend, and our Bend High Lava Bears were no disappointment! They steped up and raced their hearts out, we saw tons of best times, lots of swimmers in the big finals, and some medals! This kid is exactly why I love coaching High School Swimming:


The begining of the season he could. not. swim. He coudln't side breath, or dive....and here we are at the district meet with two medals around his neck! MEDALS! He swam 24.9 in the 50 free (which is fast, for those of you non-swimmer types) and he made it to state in two relays! It's really awesome what can happen in three months! We had 12 kids qualify for the State Championships which is just, AWESOME!

Here's my girl doing my hair and rocking out to some music before the meet begins; fun times!

And here are some future Lava Bears!
And you KNOW pool time doesn't mean all work and no play, we got some fun mountain time in, with a special treat this week, Ian's dad joined us for a Tuesday Snowboarding sesh!
In MT Hood for the weekend for state, then I'm in Eugene Sunday to watch my little guys race at their state meet! woo!

Happy Feb!

No comments: